Who am I?
My name is Dan Johnston. I’ve been a software developer at Intel for over 20 years, doing work mostly related to computer graphics. I’ve worked on all of the following examples of cutting-edge technology 😉:
- Macromedia (Adobe) Director / Shockwave 8.5’s 3D engine
- Direct3D Mobile (Windows CE) driver for Intel integrated graphics
- Custom API for Toshiba’s HD-DVD A1 player to use Intel integrated graphics (mostly for menus)
- Project Larrabee tools, graphics driver, and firmware
- CedarTrail / CloverTrail tablet graphics drivers (for Imagination’s PowerVR SGX architecture)
- Intel internal projects related to future graphics processors.